Why Hire Us
RentPros Property Management is a professional property management company which adds significant value to your investment. That’s why many seasoned real estate investors say, “RentPros Property Management is worth their weight in gold.”
Here are a few ways that we earn our keep:
Higher Quality Tenants
Think of tenant screening as the moat and draw bridge around your castle. Let’s keep the problem tenants out and monitor the good ones after they are in. A thorough screening process results in reliable tenants who:
• Pay rent on time
• Rent longer
• Cause less wear and tear on the property
• Generally cause less problems
As an experienced property management company RentPros Property Management has seen thousands of applications and knows how to quickly dig for the real facts about potential renters. We quickly analyze the information provided by the tenant and see the warning signs if they are there. By allowing our management company to handle the screening, you will also be shielding yourself from the numerous rental scams currently taking place. This kind of experience takes time and insomuch as it means avoiding bad tenants, scams and lawsuits, it is arguably one of the most significant benefits a property management company will provide.
Fewer Costly and Time-Consuming Legal Problems
Veteran landlords know it only takes one troublesome tenant to cause significant legal and financial headaches. Rent Pros Property Management is armed with the knowledge of the latest landlord-tenant laws and will ensure that you are not leaving yourself vulnerable to a potential law suit. Each state and municipality have their own laws, these plus federal law cover a number of areas including but not limited to:
• Tenant screening
• Safety and conditions of the property
• Lease addendums
• Terminating leases
• Disbursing security deposits
• Rent collection
Avoiding a single law suit can more than pay for the property management fees and spare you time and anguish.
Top 6 Reasons to Choose RentPros
100% Landlord Satisfaction Guarantee
That’s right! If you are not completely satisfied with the services provided by RentPros, we will gladly refund your last 2 monthly management fees. Most property management companies can make this promise but most property management companies won’t back it up. RentPros makes this guarantee to all new Landlords and we back it up with our outstanding Property Management Service.
As a landlord, you want to maximize the return on your investments while maintaining your property’s value. Here are some reasons why you should hire an experienced property manager:
Hiring RentPros Will Increase Your Annual Profit
You will make more money when you hire a professional Property Manager like RentPros. It’s that simple…
Many property owners don’t hire a property manager because they don’t know what a property manager does or they think it costs too much. Many DIY landlords have found that when they hire a professional property management company like RentPros, they make more money, not less. Fewer vacancies, faster turn around, better tenant control, regular rent increases and monitored maintenance are just a few of the ways RentPros increases your profit while decreasing your stress. You will get better tenants who stay longer and take better care of your property than you thought possible.
Property Managers Will Save You Time and Headaches
Property management can be a full-time job even if you only have a few properties: Tracking rent payments, collecting late fees, handling maintenance and repairs, preparing the property for new tenants, finding reliable vendors, and evicting the bad tenants. Let the professionals at RentPros Property Management show you how the process of being a landlord can be fun and profitable again. Now you can relinquish these ongoing responsibilities without giving up control of your property. Let us show you how; give us a call today.
We Find Better Tenants
When you hire an experienced property management company like RentPros, you will get better tenants. That’s because the problem tenants know we will not rent to them. RentPros property management maintains a pool of well qualified applicants to choose from. We know how to market and advertising your home and attract the best tenants every time you have a vacancy. The result is that you get better quality tenants who pay the rent on time. You will have fewer problems, make more money and they will and take better care of your home.
Reduce Your Liability
RentPros property managers know the law. Even more than before, owners of rental property are becoming a favorite target of bad tenants and tenant groups. Tenants and their lawyers are always looking for more ways to sue landlords.
How much do you know about the laws that apply to being a landlord? Are you keeping up on the latest Tenant/Landlord laws? Hiring a professional property manager like RentPros helps keep the frivolous lawsuits away. The goal of our Brokers and legal staff is to avoid problems before they happen. Perhaps the most daunting aspect of managing without a property manager has to do with fair housing compliance. At RentPros we have a solid understanding of the applicable state and federal laws surrounding discrimination, especially during the tenant screening and tenant selection process.
In the unlikely event that an eviction becomes necessary, a professional RentPros property manager will know exactly how to handle it. You will save time and money and get problem tenants out more quickly.
Property Managers Serve as a Buffer Between Owners and Tenants
When you hire RentPros property Management Company your tenants work directly with us. All tenant requests are professionally handled while you are kept aware of all progress. You are able to have input while keeping a professional distance from tenants. Perhaps the biggest error DIY landlords make is getting too personally involved with tenant issues. The result is that all too often DIY landlords become too lenient. The result is the tenant/landlord relationship becomes personal rather than business. It is important to remember that renting out a property is a business. It is much easier for a professional company like RentPros property manager to keep things professional level. When issues arise, a professional property manager is better prepared to deal with the problem effectively.
Services & Pricing
Full Service property Management starts at just $89 per month. We also offer al la cart services for owners who only want partial services. For more information and pricing individual or partial services, please contact us to decide which service is best for you.
Some al la cart individual services offered include:
• Inspection Service Move-in inspection, pre-Move out Inspection, move-out inspection, annual inspection, drive-by inspection
• Leasing Service Advertising, showing, tenant screening, lease agreement and move-in Inspection
• Full Service Full service property management. You relax because we do it all!
• Bookkeeping Only Collect rent, pay bills, forward rent funds to you
• Document Preparation Create and / or deliver tenant notices
• On-Call Emergency Maintenance
Professional Management Services depend on the level of service and location of your rental property. Full service management for a single family home starts at $89 per month. We offer discounts for multiple properties under our management.
Full Service includes:
• Maintenance coordination 24 hours a day / 7 days per week
• Prompt Rent Collection – serving 3-Day Notices as required
• Bookkeeping – Paying of invoices and sending owner funds, monthly and year-end statements
The Leasing Fee is the one-time cost to find and place a well-qualified tenant in your property. We advertise and market, show your home to prospective tenants, perform the initial move-in inspection and report, write the lease agreement and disclosures and collect first month’s rent and security deposit. The leasing fee is generally 45% of one month’s rent with a maximum of $895 for larger more expensive properties. This leasing fee is paid only after the tenant takes occupancy.
Leasing Services Include:
• Showing Your Property to Perspective Tenants
• Processing Tenant Application to Rent
• Move-in Inspection
• Preparation of Lease Agreement
• Collection of first month’s rent and security deposit
Areas We Service
Rent Pros Property Management is proud to serve the following areas:
El Dorado Hills
Request a Rental Analysis
Marketing Your Vacancy
Shorter Vacancy Cycles
A property manager will help you perform three critical tasks that affect how long it takes to fill your vacancies:
• Improve and prepare the property for rent – A property manager will suggest and oversee cosmetic improvements that maximize revenue.
• Determine the best rental rate – Too high and you are stuck waiting for a tenant to apply; too low and you’re losing money every month the tenant is in the unit. Determining the optimal price requires knowledge of the local market, data on recently sold comparables, and access to rental rate tools.
• Effectively market your property – An experienced property management company has written hundreds of ads and understands what to say and where to advertise in order to get a larger pool of candidates in a shorter period of time. Lastly, they are familiar with sales and know how to close when they field calls from prospects and show them your home.
Better Tenant Retention
While it’s easy to see the effects of lost rent, there are other equally serious problems with a high tenant turnover rate. The turnover process involves a thorough cleaning, changing the locks, painting the walls and possibly new carpet or small repairs, not to mention all the effort associated with marketing, showing , screening and settling in a new tenant. This is a time-consuming and expensive process that can often be averted by keeping tenants happy and well cared for.
RentPros Property Management has a time-tested tenant retention policy that ensures happy tenants with lengthy stays in your properties. These kinds of programs require a consistent, systematic approach, which is where a Professional Property Management Services shines.
Tighter Rent Collection Process
The way you handle rent collection and late payments can be the difference between success and failure as a landlord. Collecting rent on time every month is the only way to maintain consistent cash-flow. Your tenants need to understand this is not negotiable. By hiring RentPros Property Management, you put a buffer between yourself and the tenant. This allows us to be the bad guy who has to listen to excuses, chase down rent and when necessary, evict the person living in your property.
If you let them, your tenants will walk all over you. They have to be trained to follow every part of the lease contract or deal with the consequences. RentPros Property Management has an advantage because tenants realize that we, unlike the owner, are only doing our job and are obligated to enforce the lease terms. Many property managers will tell you that it is considerably easier to manage other people’s units rather than their own for this reason.
Regarding evictions, there are strict laws concerning the eviction process, and doing it wrong or trying to evict a “professional tenant” can be a MAJOR fiasco. A good property management firm knows the law and has a good process for obtaining the best possible outcome given the circumstances. Never having to handle another eviction can be a compelling reason to consider hiring a property management company.
Assistance With Taxes
RentPros Property Management can help you understand which deductions you can claim, as well as organize the necessary forms and documentation to make those claims. Additionally, the property management fees themselves are also tax deductible. (See your accountant for details and verification)
Lower Maintenance and Repair Costs
Good maintenance and repairs keep tenants happy and preserve the value of your investment which make them a very important part of land-lording. By hiring RentPros Property Management, you gain access to both their in-house maintenance staff, as well as their network of licensed, bonded and insured contractors who have already been vetted for good pricing and quality work. This can translate into significant savings compared to going internet and hiring a handyman yourself. Not only are we able to get volume discounts on the work, we also know the contractors and understand maintenance issues such that they are capable of intelligently supervising the work.
Increase the Value of the Investment
Preventative maintenance is achieved through putting systems in place that catch and deal with maintenance and repair issues early on, before they grow into larger more costly problems. This requires a written maintenance-check program, detailed maintenance documentation and regular maintenance visits. RentPros Property Management can also offer you suggestions and feedback on upgrades and modifications, both how they will affect the rent you can charge, as well as their impact on maintenance and insurance.
Personal Benefit for Owners
• Less stress – Avoid having to deal with middle-of-the-night emergencies, chasing down rent, evicting people from your property, tenants who wreck your property, rental scams, lousy vendors, piles of paperwork.
• More freedom – Live and invest wherever you want without the constraint of needing to be near your properties. Additionally, you can live and travel without the requirement of always being available in the event that your tenants have a need you have to tend to. Once you have Rent Pros Property Management, it doesn’t matter if you live in the same state. Some landlords live in other countries and simply collect their check every month without ever seeing the property.
• Free up more of your time – Time is money and for many investors, their time can be more profitably spent in areas other than servicing their properties. When you focus on asset management, you’re working ON your business. When you manage your own properties, you work IN in your business. Additionally, you have more time to spend with family or friends doing things you enjoy.
Questions – You Ask, We Answer
My tenant is moving out – what do I do?
This is a normal part of our business and RentPros has the systems to quickly prepare and re-rent your property to a new tenant. We understand that vacancy affects your bottom line. As your property manager, we begin the re-rent process as soon as your current tenant gives a notice to vacate.
Here are some details of what the RentPros team will do for you when your tenant gives notice to vacate.
- We immediately send your tenant a “Notification of Right to a Pre-move-out inspection” on your behalf.
- We perform a “Final Move-Out Inspection” immediately after your tenant vacates.
- We provide you a detailed report of our findings along with an estimate of any cost to you to prepare the property for re-rent.
- Upon your approval, we will coordinate all repairs quickly and cost effectively
- We arrange interim landscaping services if necessary
- We prepare the tenants Security deposit itemization (SDI) within 21-days of tenant move-out as required by law.
- In the meantime, we advertise your home for rent and schedule property showings to perspective tenants.
- Once a new tenant has been approved, we will prepare the lease agreement, collect the security deposit, perform the move-in inspection and move the tenant in.
At RentPros we know having a vacant property can be a stressful time for many landlords. That’s why the RentPros staff stays in constant contact with you throughout this process. We are experts at turning your property around in the shortest period of time possible. We do this every day and we have done it for nearly three decades.
When will you start showing my property?
Advertising your property for rent begins as soon as we know when it will be available for rent. We you’re your property as “Coming Soon” and start accepting rental applications immediately.
Once the property is ready, we will show the property to any approved applicants and all other interested applicants. Of course, you will receive regular updates from our capable staff during this busy time.
How do I submit funds for repairs?
This is simple: funds may be deposited directly into your RentPros account through your on-line portal Or you can send a personal check directly to our office. Additionally, most repairs can be paid for via credit card.
What sort of Marketing do you do?
Once we know what date your home will be rent-ready, we open up the marketing campaign. We advertise your home on our website plus over 50 additional websites. In most cases we also place a sign at the property. Currently more than 1,000 perspective tenants visit our website weekly.
How long does it take to get my security deposit back after I move out?
Your security deposit is handled according to California Civil Code 1950.50. The Security Deposit Itemization (SDI) or SDI extension will be post-marked and mailed within 21 days of you legally vacating the property. Please make sure you have provided us with your forwarding address to expedite the return of your deposit.
When can I apply for a property I see on your website?
You may apply for a particular property as soon as the property is placed on our vacancy list or “Coming soon” list.
What are your rental requirements?
The rental requirements for MOST properties are:
• You must earn 3X the monthly amount of the rent. Income must be verifiable by paystubs or income tax statements.
• Good Rental History / No Evictions
• A credit score of 650 or above.
Please check the individual property advertisement for specific property requirements.
See what our clients are saying about us
F.Y.I. this has been a great experience with the team of Rent Pros. Steve T.
Just want to let you know that we are very happy with your service. Your employees are very prompt and professional! I will definitely refer your service to friends; which I already did. Looks like I will have to call you again in the future. K
Call Us Today! (916) 789-3500
Hire An Experienced Property Manager
One of the most important aspects of being a successful landlord is to find and place the right tenant. When RentPros recommends a tenant for your home, you can be sure they have passed our rigorous but fair screening process.
We consider The Greater Sacramento Area an excellent place to own investment real estate. We pride ourselves on providing unparalleled service and look forward to developing a long-term relationship with you.
Rent Pros Property Management
730 Sunrise Av., Suite 130
Roseville, CA 95661